Friday, May 2, 2008

Hubble High




Hubble High



Credit: NASA


The Hubble Space Telescope moves slowly away from Discovery following its release. The photo was taken during Servicing Mission 2 in 1997.


Hubble really turns me on. Man, did you see those 59 amazing colliding (or more modestly put, interacting) galaxies that were released in connection with the 18th anniversary? How awesome is that? I spin, my heart beats faster and I cannot breath - that's how bad I love this space telescope. I'm high on Hubble!

I cross my fingers for the fix that we are going to give Hubble in what now looks like a few weeks. :-)


ESA & NASA



The Hubble Space Telescope (HST), or just `Hubble', is a collaboration between ESA and NASA. It is a long-term, space-based observatory. The observations are carried out in visible, infrared, and ultraviolet light. In many ways, Hubble has revolutionised modern astronomy, not only as an efficient tool for making new discoveries, but also by driving astronomical research in general.




No comments: