Sunday, March 16, 2008

China - Xian




Old and new China - Xian

Photobucket

Photo: Alfred Molon

Kaiyuan shopping mall downtown Xian, the ancient capital of China.


My valet was stolen here. It was sad because I had so many souvenirs in it. Like 10 different dollar currencies from my travels...And the most precious; an irreplaceable photo of my son when he was 3 years old. Devastating. On the other hand I got to cruise around Xian with the Chinese police reporting the theft. Invaluable experience!

Now I will help my friend Shirl to keep some of her ideas about old China. First my comment on how headless the Chinese city planners are...This is from outside Xian.




Photo: Bente Lilja Bye



A shopping mall like Kaiyuan look just like any other shopping mall on the inside. I went to this mall to buy more memory for my camera. Shouldn't have done. Because this is where my valet was stolen.



Photo: Bente Lilja Bye



Then here is the view FROM the Kaiyuan shopping mall. Ancient Bell Tower. All in all, Xian was very beautiful. :-)



Photo: Bente Lilja Bye






No comments: