Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Soyuz! Combust Me!




Combust Me!

Image Source,Photobucket Uploader Firefox Extension

Credit: NASA

Alright, alright! I know 'combust' isn't really a word. But will you just look at that combustion rocket huge thingy, already! I want one. It is a free world (at least where i live) so... Combust me! :-)

Oh, well, we are talking about Soyuz TMA-01M which is about to get ready to blast off the next shipment into space. On 7th of October 2010 this Russian rocket will take off and dock at the International Space Station.




2 comments:

Mike Goad said...

Definitions of combust on the Web:

* burn: cause to burn or combust; "The sun burned off the fog"; "We combust coal and other fossil fuels"
* erupt: start to burn or burst into flames; "Marsh gases ignited suddenly"; "The oily rags combusted spontaneously"
* flip one's lid: get very angry and fly into a rage; "The professor combusted when the student didn't know the answer to a very elementary question"; "Spam makes me go ballistic"
* cause to become violent or angry; "Riots combusted Pakistan after the U.S. air attacks on Afghanistan"
* burn: undergo combustion; "Maple wood burns well"

Mike Goad
http://exit78.com

Bente Lilja Bye said...

Oh, thank you! :-) I checked my dictionary (online) and it insisted that 'combust' was not a word.

I stand corrected! As does my internet dictionary.

:-)